I have some questions for my strongly held opinion.
Last winter I kept looking out over Cardigan Bay and wondering what the distant lights were. The lights were there for months. It turns out they were fishing boats. Fishing for scallops. My first reaction was to be worried for marine life and the eco system, but then I soon realised I had to find out more. I needed some facts so I could back up what my gut was telling me. I knew very little. Yup, my opinion needed more knowledge. And it needs to go a bit deeper more than 10 minutes on Google.
So here’s a starter for ten:
1. How often do they come?
2. Who are they?
3. How long does it take for the seabed to recover?
4. Does it fully recover?
5. Is the damage to the seabed as bad as it looks?
6. Is there a noticeable effect on other marine life?
7. Is there a better way of doing it?
8. Is it sustainable?
9. Who is policing it?
10. Should we put some of our Earth Tax money into finding out some answers?