After the success of the Unicycle auction last week, which raised £70 for the Haiti disaster, Emma has brought in a banjo which she has had cluttering her loft for a while.
It is surplus to requirements, so Emma thought she might as well let us auction it off as well. Again all proceeds will go to Haiti.
This is a brand new, never used banjo, and it's quite a good one. Bidding starts at £100.
Here are some more details (if you want any other photos or details, let us know)-
Stagg 5-string Bluegrass deluxe banjo.
- 5-string Bluegrass Banjo Deluxe w/ metal pot
- Resonator: Mahogany
- Pot: all-cast metal alloy
- Bracket hooks: 30 (flat type)
- Top head: 11" REMO(tm) White Coated
- Bridge: 5-string Maple + Ebony
- Tailpiece: Nickel-plated Brass
- Machine heads: 4 x Open-gear on headstock + High Gear ratio 5th peg on neck, w/ pearloid knobs
- Armrest: nickel-plated Brass
- Neck: Nato set neck, 660 mm (26 in.)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 22 frets
- Position markers: Pearloid "clover" inlays
- Resonator & Neck binding: Ivoroid cream
- Finish: Highgloss.
Someone out there must want this! If not you, maybe you know someone?
Let bidding commence!