If like mine your kids bring home the tadpoles, here are the top line tips.
- Make sure there is plenty of spawn left when you take some.
- Put them in a glass container if you can. Never heard of a plastic river bed.
- Keep them in dechlorinated water. Leave tap water in the sun for a few hours before you drop them in. Preferably use the water you found them in. Change it when it looks like you wouldn't live in it.
- Stick in some aquatic plants for food and oxygen.
- Feed them on frozen then thawed lettuce or spinach and good flaked fish food. Not too much, think how much your kids eat then scale down to suit tadpole size
- Don’t pick them up, they have delicate skin. Licking soap off your hands and you'll get the idea.
- When they frog up, make sure they can get out the water to breath. Work out the exit strategy as they belong outside.